The Official Diablo 3 Thread

pew pew pew
Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Re: The Official Diablo 3 Thread

Post by Dave »

Real money AH to buy the gear you need to beat Inferno is my guess as to why it exists!

Monk Log: Finally dropped 2m on a 1000 dps ias fist, and immediately had buyer's remorse. There was no life-on-hit and my dps only went up from 14k to 17k since my previous weapons had +dex and I'd had to put a shield on since I didn't have an equivalent offhand. But I've found a happy medium with the using it with the old weapon but only improved dps to 16k. Then I gave Act 2 inferno another go, still get face smashed by the first champion pack. Avoiding bees and fireball lobs is manageable. But killing mobs slightly faster does nothing when I really needed to increase my resistance from 325 to 750 and armor by a few thousand while keeping the same HP and damage. It's like Inferno should have been levels 60-70, but you can't level anymore and only need to gear up by doubling your stats and having "All Resistances +5x" attribute in every slot. I guess that makes sense from a game longevity and AH standpoint, but there should be ways to slowly grind the required resistance. Something like a +resist enchant, gem, crafted option. In WoW there used to be resistance encounters where 40+ people would need to craft super-expensive fire / nature resist gear just to beat one boss. But now people have to search the AH for items with 5 specific modifiers (+dex, +vi,t +all resist, +X resist, and +armor) but can only search with three modifiers and then spend the rest of the time flipping through pages and pages of items. I just don't see the point or fun in needing to grind that much gold and searching the AH for weeks to improve a stat that lets you get killed in 3 hits instead of 2. My guess is that once enough people cry about it they will have an Inferno-lite with all champion packs removed and only named mobs and bosses, and have that enable Inferno with champion packs. But I'm sure whatever decision they make will be solely based off the amount of money that can make from RM AH.

Wizard Log: Level 52 and am currently doing twice the dps as my monk when he first reached level 60 but... I die around 10 times as much. I keep seem to be getting these mortar + invulnerable champion packs that force me to blizzard kite in circles. Normal mobs and bosses are a cake walk, even when grouping with Alan. Sometimes they don't even finish their speech and we're looting them already. Using a 450 dps weapon as a level 50 will do that. I'm 99% sure people would be stuck farming nightmare for gear if they didn't use the AH. I think I've maybe found 5 pieces of gear when I identified and said "wow, an actual decent combination of useable stats"... 5 levels ago. Speaking of which, the biggest reason I regret buying the 1000 dps fist is that the wizard can't use it. If I had gotten a mace or sword, I'd have been able to stash and use it on whatever character I'm playing. Something to keep in mind for my offhand I suppose.
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Monk Log: So I flipped the 1k dps claw and got a cheaper 900 ias/loh mace with a socket instead that both monk and wiz could use eventually. I gave Act 2 another go, without any armor slot upgrades mentioned above, and could manage to kill Magda... by basically running past every champion pack to the next waypoint/quest objective. As expected the story bosses and named elites were cake, but everything else -fast,molten,vortex,arcane,shielding- crap was not worth even trying. I did actually kill one pack and got one stack of valor, but some awesome illusionist jailer+arcane combo in a packed hallway forced me to reload. So I guess if I wanted to spend an afternoon corpse running and reloading when an bad combination spawns in a quest location, I could make it to Act 3 or 4, but what is the point of farming an even harder place. Apparently people in Act 2+ like to farm chests and goblins and Blizzard keeps hot-fixing them to put a timer on the respawn and force folks to kill champion packs for loot heh.

Wizard Log: Leveled to 57 in Act 3 now. Went back to using Disintegrate and Magic Missile since their modifiers for Life-on-Hit are more effective than electrocute/orb. Kiting until diamond skin (prism) is back up and standing and nuking a mass of mobs is fun. Bought an awesome amulet with 200int/13ias/190loh for 100k. May have been the fastest I have ever clicked buyout. One item I am debating spending some coin on is "String of Ears" - a legendary belt that has between 10 and 20% reduced melee damage. Supposedly it is required for monks and barbs, the trouble is finding one with > 15% and some useful random mods like Freeze on hit or a mediocre stat like vit I could use on both characters. Wiz Hell hasn't been too hard with AH gear. I think my trip through with Monk just seemed so much easier / less spiky since a) I was in tank mode and b) I was using a skillset that was hotfixed around the time I hit Act 4 which is short. Alan and I both got some pretty 1337 high damage -lvl req weapons to cruise to 60. I'm just more bored at home than he is apparently. Get married, fat, and on baby duty already!

So between the two classes, I'm still liking the Monk-gameplay better, and with the new patch 1.03 coming, the big Big BIG change is that multiplayer game enemy damage will NO LONGER SCALE. Their HP will scale obviously, but with 3 times the player dps and 3 times the player cc, this will allow melee to semi-tank with other people in the game, and will make grouping with people for Inferno actually possible. So I have changed from fearing grouping with people to hoping Alan levels his butt up! Plus they will be nerfing the Act 2+ difficulty and increase repair costs... good trade to me! I am sad that they will be nerfing +attack speed, but it'll still be a useful stat.
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

Yeah I've been busy this week so I haven't played as much, and this weekend my mom's in town so I won't be playing much either. I'm at 53 now (I think), the major development for me has been snagging a -10 level req 715 dps bow that pushes my damage to 13k on my char sheet. And with Sharpshooter (which accumulates crit chance at 3%/second until I crit, then resets after 1 second) my damage goes to 20k. I've changed my playstyle a bit, been using spike traps (the ones that do 370% damage) because I can stack 3 of them and then kite enemies through them to do massive crit damage. Champions and uniques all die fast now. I see numbers like 50,000 pop up on my screen :twisted:

Of course by inferno I'll need more like 40k damage and like a 1.3k dps bow.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Is it just me or is this game undergoing a significant amount of fixes/change immediately post release?

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Yep, I'll keep an eye out for a nice bow and buy one priced well that sell in 15 seconds if you don't click buyout. I dont know enough about DH, you plan on usibg a 2h with quiver/shield? But now at least I have hope I can play monk! We have an aura that increases damage taken by 24-48% which is fun.

It's not a buggy per technical issues, just balance where players find ways to optimize skill set to be overpowered or farm items too fast for blizzards taste

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

I'm going mainly for crit damage bonuses. I don't really care if it's 1h xbow, 2h bow, or 2h xbow right now, maybe I will later on, but I mainly just want damage, especially crit damage. Anything with +vit or +dex is nice I guess, as is IAS and life-on-hit. Sockets would be nice too of course to put emeralds in them.
Last edited by Alan on Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

Though I might regret going all critical hit damage at some point since Blizzard will probably at some point nerf that.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Jut reading the sharpshooter mechanic plus kiting requirements makes crit damage more valuable for DH. Wiz has a -1 se cool down on crit that was needed recently, but I'll play with it. Haven't read much on good wizard builds since I haven't had any real issues, but probably have I work a build with teleport in by inferno.

Peijen
Minion to the Exalted Pooh-Bah

Post by Peijen »

Dave how do you find all that time to play this game? I would like to play but I don't have time ...

Anyone tried to access their account in Taiwan? My brother wanted a US copy but we are not sure if he can play in Taiwan.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

You can access any zone from a valid D3 account. I know I could access the European and Asia server (China shares with Korea, which is apparently a big issue since Chinese people get kicked off during prime time or something) when the US was in maintenance. So your cousin should be able to play in any region from any region. You are only locked into what Real Money AH you can use. 

Monk Log: Looking at the exact gear I need to be viable(r), I basically need to save 250k or so per slot standard slot, and 500k per expensive slot (amulet, ring x2, boots, hands due to having ias/move on them) to upgrade from my current gear to one with the same stats but with +physical resist and +all resist. We have a passive that makes all our resist equal to our highest resist, and +all resist stacks on top of that so stuff gets even harder to find. Weapons won't be too important in a group setting, as I will probably be shielding it up and using the 900dps LoH weapon. Plan on getting a fairly priced String of Ears soon, specifically one with chance to freeze since it has saved my butt enough times to want it. Going to try and aim for at least a new helm with Life-per-spiirit spent and try and grab gear with Life-regen, as that will be good for runnning away.

Wiz Log: Died around 5 times in phase 3 to Diablo Hell before finally deciding to go full screen (I play windowed) to see the minimap enough to know where to spam my crap off the screen.  Then found out I couldn't even try inferno until the Wizard hit 60, so killed some more scorpions, and stacked enough vitality on my Templar to get him 99.9k hp. Of course he still dies in one desecrate. I effectively die in 3 hits in Inferno, which is the same as the Monk. Upon hitting 60, I checked the AH, bought as much cheap +all resists +int gear I could find for < 25k a piece, and with Energy Armor stand at 18k hp 22k dps, 60% armor red and ~60% all resist reduc. Which makes my monk sad since he has > 10 times the gold spent and has 30k hp 17k dps, 50% armor and resist reduc.... and still dies in 3 hits. I can see why they nerfed Energy Armor (Force). Basically the rune made it so hits that did >35% of your health only did 35% of your health. What people were doing is gearing straight damage with ZERO vitality and lots of life regeneration. So a Wizard with 4,000 hp would only take 1400 damage per hit and with high enough regen/sec would be back to full health immediately. But now it's basically stack crapton of resist all and enough vit to survive.

Comparing prices for upgrades between Monk and Wiz, and it is pretty clear that monk has it far worse off. Barbarians have it the best since no one else wants high strength stuff, DH and Monks compete for Dex and Wizards only have a small group of WD. I purhased two legendaries with resist all (Lidless Wall int shield with 13% ias, and a belt) for a combined total of 75k which was cheaper than rare versions with the same stats. Actually "good" rare items will cost upwards of 2m each... but the off chance of finding a "good" item at a bargain price is hard because so many people are searching the AH for that exact same reason.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Monk Log: Well, I finally got over the Act 2 hump. Got my monk a String of Ears (15%), a 400 life on hit amulet, and tal chest and busted my way through Act 2 killing most champion packs and skipping a few remarkably bad melee ones, mostly because I wanted to keep my valor stacks instead of switching to the evasion aura that I had to do to beat the Act 2 final boss. Kept dying from not avoiding the stupid 3rd 2 handed hit so decided to just stand there and pop evasion. So now I'm in act 3, and clearly need to upgrade my gear again... seems like I need a lot more Dex. Did Act 2 with 950 which is pretty crap with 350 resists. Armor is fine from skills. Upgrades are costing upwards of 1m now. Spent around 1m each upgrading shoulders, bracers, pants, and a shield to add 50 resist per slot. Almost 600 resist now. There is pretty much no hope of upgrading my weapon or jewelry since those will cost 5-10m, and I'm broke again. Putting a better gem into my weapon is about all I can do. Did find two nice shields, one for tanking and one for dps. Make sure at 60 if you look for shields you get one with 20% block and the highest available block value of ~4700. Dropped some stats to move up from 2700 blocked, but it was worth it. Also picked up a legendary monk helm with +12% damage to my primary skill for relatively cheap, but plan on using a crafted legendary helm (200k!) that has a+8% block to do Act 3. It's funny since a rare with the same stats would cost 10 times as much, but no one wants these class specific things.

Wizard Log: Decided to get a set of gold find gear and do the damp/dank/deep cellar runs a try and they work ok. Can get a bunch of gems at least ! Apparently speed runs through various zones in nightmare at 60 arent too bad. Speaking of farming, I started doing the swapping out to +MF gear before a kill on a story boss in Act 2 to farm. It's super fun. Did get a legendary staff of crap to drop. 400 dps! Even took a screen shot. Then I spent the 120k to max gem crafting, can make Star Gems now for 500k + mats, or buy one off AH for 600k. Super glad I invested 120k to do that.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

So I leave D3 on all day during the weekend and when I get a spare moment between random crap, do either the quick < 1 min dank cellar run with wizard for ~6k avg gold, or kill a named mob in act 2 right next to a waypoint with magic find gear for a crappy rare in 2min. Pretty much going to need to beat and farm act 3 to get stuff worth selling. When stuff drops the best to hope for is jewelery since everything else is low level rolls right now. I guess Wizard is officially retired to gold find status for now since gearing two characters for inferno isn't cost effective, plus I don't really like blizzard kiting.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Monk Log: Making slow progress in Act 3. Took 5 stacks and beat Grom/Gom/Philip as the first mini-boss, and got crushed by the first pack of elites trying to destroy the 3 ballista/trebuche thing. Fast/Chain/Shielding/Desecrate/Vamp or something. At least it wasn't invulnerable minions. I can do those in Act 2, Act 3 I go find a nice spot to kite them to and die so I don't have to deal with them. Decided to drop the Sting of Ears 15% for a rare with more resists, not sure if it's any better so far. Can't afford any other upgrades. Trying to find some gloves/jewelery/boots without the super-expensive attackspeed/movement mod and just get more resists and dex; but those are hard to find with vitality at a decent price. I'm almost 700 resist and still not cutting it too well. Farming Act 2 is easier now, can get 5 stacks and blow up Magda, but the level of loot isn't much better than the standard Butcher Act1, which is effectively trivial now. I run it in a dps build at 28k and usually loot 100k in 30min or so and a rare or two to sell. If anyone else gets to 60 soon, I should be able to 'tank' Act 1 and 2 fairly well with the current gear.

Wiz Log: Blizzard made a new change that limits the # of 'new games' an account can create within a certain time frame, effectively eliminating the short farming gold run options for everyone for the sake of 'server  balance'. I think the cap is 12 games per hour, refreshing every 5 minutes. So gold runs may be limited to Act 3 Seigebreaker which isn't too un-fun. I still love using disintegrate and have enough int and gold pickup radius to just run through and kill the bosses in one diamond skin.

It's semi-official. I have made $1 off Diablo 3. Sold a legendary level 59 sword with 450 dps (ie - completely useless... and didn't even look cool) for $2-$1 blizzard cut. Of course it is "processing" so after 20% paypal fee I can maybe get some candy from a vending machine. I put some other items from my wizard and the offhand of my monk for sale, but they clearly aren't priced low enough to sell. Overall, it seems like a good service to have available for people who want to buy or sell stuff for actual money compared to the gold selling companies that are the only reason why people's accounts get hacked. Supposedly the only way people get hacked on battle.net is when a fan-site gets hacked and steals all the user-names and passwords, they just try those and apparently people are dumb enough to use the same info. I don't see any way I'd want to spend actual money on this game as it would defeat the purpose of banging my head against the wall and as dumb as the auction house it, finding that one under-priced item isn't the same when you buy yourself 50 million gold and brute force your way to the end in easy mode.

I am not opposed to spending actual money on in-game stuff, as I did spend some on the WoW TcG loot cards. I have a "Perpetual Purple Firework" that let me shoot a firework every 30 seconds which I macroed to my primary attack. I also bought a Rocket-Chicken mini-pet that was basically a chicken with two rockets that occasionally exploded in a puff of feathers. Paid $5 and $25 for those two a few years back. Those class of items - mounts - tabards - pets - flavor items don't seem to exist in D3. Plus who are you going to 'show off' those items to? There is no lobby or auction house to stand in front of and /flex like in WoW. Stuff that is fun, unique, and doesn't get obsolete with the next patch or expansion is lacking so far. Buying a mediocre rolled uber-shield of blocking for $15 and then seeing the same shield with higher rolls and a socket for $10 a day later is just dumb. A term that was used in WoW a lot was BiS (Best in Slot) and many people just focused on what their BiS was for their spec, and everyone would go after those items. In D3, now you have items with a range of values and 4-5 random modifiers.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Monk Log: Finished Seigebreaker in Act 3 after giving up on two packs of champions that I dragged up a tower and dropped off. It's weird because skills and runes I though were totally useless leveling up (and there were a lot) are actually quite good when the difficulty gets ramped up. Blinding Flash was a terrible skill when enemies died in two hits, but now its pretty useful. I can probably get to Act 4 with the current gear, just Upped my resist to 800 after spending 1m to buy a ring that had the exact same stats as my old ring just with 50 physical resist. Thats the kind of stuff Id never thought I'd do, but apparently ok with now once I get enough gold to spend. Some Act 2 rares are selling for 75k to 200k regularly, and a few that can go to almost 1m. As usual no good dex upgrades have ever dropped. I have noticed a shift in uber-items that must now be listed on the money-ah, which I couldn't buy anyways. The ring mentioned above with +all resist on top would have been 10x at least.

Wizard Log: Timed a NM Seigebreaker > Az gold run @ 120k in 30min even after getting lost on a map or two. Even got a crap legendary level 35 pants with gold find and movement speed to use as part of my gold find set. Still need some movement speed + gf on my boots, but those sort of cost more than 5k gold.
Dave wrote:Bought an awesome amulet with 200int/13ias/190loh for 100k. May have been the fastest I have ever clicked buyout. 
This neck sold on the AH for $15-$1 fee, so now I can buy some crappy legendary myself! Another wizard piece sold for $5-$1 which I kind of forgot what it was, but I think the prices are slowly stabilizing once people's stuff don't sell. What they should do it make listing items on the AH cost like 5 gold and that would be enough to deter people from listing a bazillion items for the $250 cap.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Well, Monk progression is officially halted. I sold my weapon and my old offhand weapon (back when I could dual-wield ) for $200-$2 fee. Listed some of my mediocre monk armor and still zero bids. I don't remember the exact stats of my offhand weapon, but it was something close to 698 dps, 100 dex, 698 life on hit with a socket, and my good weapon was 912 dps, 17% ias, 482 life on hit, 55% crit damage, and a socket. With the incoming nerf to ias, the 912 was actually a base 780 dps weapon inflated to 912 so it was probably better I got rid of it since next patch it would have dropped below 900 (to 834 if the leaked notes are right) and the value would have plummeted. I spent 50k on the 698 weapon, and 1.5m gold on the 912 weapon. During that time Life on hit became more popular and I guess a lot more people reached inferno. Trying to find a replacement weapon now and it seems like all the decent weapons are listed on the rmah, plus the gold inflation from all the people farming gold, and Blizzard fixing all the easy Act 3/4 farming spots has made prices shoot up. The 1k dps claw I bought for 2m and flipped for 4m two weeks ago is now approx 6m. So now I'm sporting a 1034 dps 2 handed staff with -5 spirit cost to kick that I bought for 75k. Act 1 is still easy enough to do with a 2h, plus its pretty fun two-shotting stuff. Act 2 is manageable with a 700 dps fist I found but couldn't sell. Going to wait until I can buy a good fist with Spirit gen, Life per spirit, and a socket if one exists.

So when is vinny king to get D3?!? Hehe

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

I retract my earlier statement on not buying in-game D3 items. I had sold enough random crap that it wouldn't let me sell stuff anymore once I had hit the $250 balance limit, so I bought the D3 version of Stone of Jordan for $8.50. It's not a very good ring, but mostly a nostalgia item. Apparently they won't let me buy WoW time with the blizzard balance yet, so will probably just save it for Starcraft 2 if it goes on sale again, and future WoW/SC2/D3 expansions.

For future reference when I look back at all the time I wasted on D3:

Sold List: item : ($) [basis]
200 int amulet: ($15) [ 100 kG ]
912 weapon : ($170) [ 1500kG ]
698 weapon :  ($30) [ 50kG ]
15% String of Ears : ($15) [ 1000kg ]
16% ias 2 resist gloves : ($12) [ 500 kG ]
Rare helm (gently used on monk) :  ($2.5) [ 50 kG ]
Rare shoulders (gently used on monk) : -($5) [ 75 kG ]
Rare Boots (dex/vit/fire/all/12) : ($35) [ drop a2i ]

Bought list:
SoJ = $8.50
String of Ears (17%) = $12.50

Monk Log: Got myself a 1055 dps fist with 20% ias and 60 life per spirit spent for 2m. Even though the nerf to ias will likely drop the dps down to 967, the 60 lpss is essentially a free passive slot freed up, since I usually run with transcendence. Unfortunately that means I need to get my Life-on-hit from somewhere else as there wasn't a socket, so I had to go with a +433 amulet for cheap since ones with ias are way too expensive. Also bought a 17% Sting of Ears with chance to freeze for $12.50 since I was running up against the 250 cap again. Will maybe use for for Act 3 or if I start tanking in groups.

Wiz Log: Trying to find a cheap upgrade over my blue 750 dps blue weapon is hard. Looked into going from 200% gf to 300%, but each slot would require ~50-100k to upgrade, which doesn't seem worth it. Act 1 Hell is doable in gold find gear, so I plan on doing some Butcher runs until my scoundrel up to 60 to see how effective a cold-damage bow is for snaring. Apparently that is the only elemental damage on weapon that does anything (snare) and with a few blue +ias jewelery and multishot, may do a decent job of slowing. Cold damage on weapons works for non-elemental player attacks too - like my monk's melee, but not any wizard spells that list a type of damage damage (arcane, cold, etc), which limits its usefulness.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Big patch day today, apparently 1.03 will be live and the big IAS nerf will hit. From my Ti-85 caluclatorions, I see a reduction in my attacks per second from 2.9 to 1.8, and a listed dps from 28k to 19k or roughly 35%. Worse is the reduction in spirit generation and effective life per second/hit around 38%. So I'm sure there will be massive amounts of crying and maybe a later buff to certain items slots. Apparently quiver ias is the only slot that isn't reduced. If the difficulty level of Acts 2-4 get manageable enough I'm sure it will reduce the backlash, but ias was a "fun" stat. No one likes attacking slowly. Stacking crit and crit damage to see big numbers is less "fun". Sadly, I think the IAS nerf hurts monks the most since our resource generation is linear with attack speed and many relied on Life-on-hit to survive. I guess if the game becomes un-fun, I can liquidate my monk gear and buy Starcraft 2 at full price.

Hit the $250 blizz bucks cap again and bought a ring with life on hit and some ias for $10.50. It's still processing so I guess they are checking if the item was duped or the guy is in the same state to charge sales tax or whatnot, I'm not sure why some transactions take 10 times longer than others. My sneaking suspicion is that Blizzard is selling some stuff themselves and those transactions are instantaneous. Sold some legendary 700 dps 2 hander for $5, my old ias gloves for $20, and a random ring with dex and 2% crit for $10. I guess the big winner is ATVI since they just act like a bank or credit card taking fees here, holding cash and all that jazz. I wonder what the net cash in vs cash out (thru paypal) is; maybe the next quarter results will show how much of the 15% 'paypal fee' they get since paypal usually charges 2.5% per transaction.

Monk/Wiz Log: Mindlessly farming same boss in Act 2 while watching Shameless season 2 with the wife. There is so much crap on the AH now that it isn't worth listing anything mediocre. Upgraded to a 800 dps blue wand for the Wiz for 10k! Searching the AH is weird, you have to try different filters to get different results since I assume the actual list of items posted is way too large. Usually change the value of the max gold or stat to various values, then look for 1d12hr auctions to see if it's a 'steal'.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Monk Log: As expected dps nerfed from 28k to 20k, aps from 2.9 to 1.9. Logged into my normal farming spot, noticed the boss didn't drop rares anymore. Great. 1 minute farming run was too fast for Blizzard to allow I guess. Didn't feel like doing another 5 stack farming run in Act 1 or 2 again, so went to Act 3 to see how things were. Popped the shield on and went to the latest quest in Act 3 and progressed slowly but surely. It just felt really slow... crappy spirit generation, fewer buttons to mash, and lots more kiting. I could stand in stuff for > 1 second and not die, but didnt have enough spirit to do anything with. Had to run away until blind was up, dpsed a few, run away. Nothing that resembled fun. I had to spent 5 min per pack to slowly burn, so much that I decided just to run past them to the next area not because I couldn't kill them, but because it wasn't the point if I just wanted to get to Act 4. The damage input was much lower than before, and I have a feeling using a dps build would have actually been better. Built 5 stacks on my way to the end of Act 3, and got to the spider boss and said.. fuck.. my spec is totally wrong for this. Switched to the right build (dps build with sweeping and dishearten) and killed her. Gave Az a shot, didn't seem too bad.. lots of running away from fireballs and pools of awesome when I decided... this wasn't worth grinding. I have more fun blowing shit up in nightmare, hell, act 1. It was time for dinner anyways, so I decided right then that I was going to cash out now while my stuff is still semi-vauluable and maybe start a Barbarian, DH or WD.

Wiz Log: 1.03 played pretty much the same. Die in two hits, fail a kite = uber repairs. Yay repairs. There are about a thousand different ways they could have implemented a gold-sink that didn't annoy the crap out of their players, but someone decided it dying isnt enough unless you have to pay up.

So, all the constant changes to game mechanics, farming spots, etc just makes me decide to cash out now. I still like the Monk and Wiz in easy modes, and will reasonably gear to group with Alan/Chuck/etc since everything is nerfed now. I just don't want to say 3 months from now.. man, my stuff used to be worth a lot more! Gold is apparently going for $4 for a million. And considering for example that I bought a weapon for 2m and sold it for $150... doesn't quite make sense, but I guess it's time spent searching. I can't convert the Blizzard balance to paypal, so I will just leave that to buy future Blizzard games, or maybe buy some poorly priced item and sell it thru paypal. But right now, the plan is to sell the rest of my Monk gear of value thru paypal and pay the 15% fee. So far as I have checked my email, my fist/shield/gloves/shoulders have sold. Still need to list a few more slots since my slots were taken up from random crap I was trying to sell for a few bucks.

Updated List:
Sold List: item : ($) [basis]
200 int amulet: ($15) [ 100 kG ]
912 weapon : ($170) [ 1500kG ]
698 weapon :  ($30) [ 50kG ]
15% String of Ears : ($15) [ 1000kg ]
16% ias 2 resist gloves : ($12) [ 500 kG ]
Rare helm (gently used on monk) :  ($2.5) [ 50 kG ]
Rare shoulders (gently used on monk) : -($5) [ 75 kG ]
Rare Boots (dex/vit/fire/all/12) : ($35) [ drop a2i ]
Calamity (crap unique) : ($2.5) [ drop a1i ]
Warmonger (crap 2h unique) : ($5) [ drop a2i ]
Rare Gloves (dex/ias/mf/gf) : ($20) [ 1m ]
Rare Ring (dex/crit/socket) : ($10) [ drop a2i ]
Pu Spitter (crap unique) : ($2) [ drop a1i ]
967 weapon (60lpss,ias) : ($150) [ 2000 kG ]
Rare Gloves (dex/ias/1res) : ($10) [ 1000 kG ]
Rare Shoulders (dex/vit/2res) : ($20) [ 1000 kG ]
Rare Shield (block/2res/life) : ($100) [ 500 kG ]

Bought list:
SoJ = $8.50
String of Ears (17%) = $12.50
LoH Ring = $10.5

Vyrosama
Master Chief Telephone Technician

Post by Vyrosama »

I got enticed because of dave's post about him make $$$ and now I can proudly (or sadly) say I made $4! :lol:

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Yea, definitely getting kind of tired of D3, especially inferno act 1. Hard to play the same areas over and over again solo hoping for that .05% chance to drop something useful or even auctionable. It gets a little better in a group, hard to see stuff on the screen, but it champion packs made more sense because there are still only 4 per pack and 4 players to chase after. Not sure how aggro works so mostly just hit stuff. Not much else of my Monk's sold, just pants, helm, and ring. Backup weapon ended up not selling, but I may just use it. Started a barbarian, just for something semi-new. Now much listed on teh AH for lower levels as expected. But it is the same old dungeons/quest just a few new buttons to mash.

Sell a few more things Chuck and the next expansion will be 'free'! I'm not sure any other game can say that. Sure, you could sell a video game used for a few bucks, but then you can't play it. Maybe future online games will have more built in methods to cash out once you get bored enough, seems like a win-win for everyone.