SW TOR

pew pew pew
Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Re: SW TOR

Post by Jonathan »

Dinged 25 last night. We ran a Flashpoint at our level, and had a fair amount of difficulty. Problems: my class's AOE taunt doesn't drop for like five more levels, and we kept getting surrounded by attack dogs as minor encounters. I couldn't keep them on me. Also, I got out of range of the healer once or twice. Also, the healer admits he is still trying to figure out how best to heal. Anyway, we did not end up in defeat but we did die like six times each, and party wipe like four.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

We party wiped a lot harder doing the level 29 flashpoint at levels 27-29 (me being lowest). Some of this is the healer being herpaderp. He keeps pulling mobs by attacking before I have aggro, and I am insufficiently leveled/skilled to get them all off the squishy before he dies. Part of this is our normal plan of attack for starting difficult combat is to stealth stun two mobs, but the mobs' detect is pretty high and frequently saw through the stealth.

We did finish, however.

Peijen
Minion to the Exalted Pooh-Bah

Post by Peijen »

hey send me an invite for the free weekend.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

It's a free 7d trial. Bonus!

Yeah, will do that tonight before I sleep.

Peijen

Post by Peijen »

what? I want it NOW, NOW, NOW.

Yeah, that's fine. Just don't forget, this is my last free weekend before my wife comes back from Taiwan next Tuesday.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

REFERRED
Server is Jedi Covenant.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Two of Erik's guys are Syren and Inquist. I think our guild is Flying Turtles Gang? Dan's guy is Hecuba; I don't know his other characters. Mine is Dwindlehop.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Our regular party is
Dwindlehop: tank, Jedi Shadow
Syren: healer, Scoundrel
Hecuba: dps, Commando
Hecuba's companion, dps

Peijen

Post by Peijen »

man this thing is going to take forever to download

Peijen

Post by Peijen »

I tried out a smuggler because I want to be dual blaster gunslinger, but I hate the whole "have to find cover to use skill thing". End up creating a Jedi Knight (guardian) and it's much easier to play with. Going to try a bounty hunter next so I can use dual blaster, if I stay up all night tonight I should be able to get it to level 10.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Got Dan ready to try pvping in Eve. Mwa hahaha.

Peijen

Post by Peijen »

So anyone playing this now it's f2p? Got my bounty hunter up to lvl 10 by playing an hour or so before going to bed last week.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Yes, Erik is still subscribed. He had been end game guild hopping trying to find a home. It is not impossible that he had not already leveled every character class to max already. I will ask.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

http://www.polygon.com/2016/1/18/107767 ... mmo-return

Jesus this game is old.

Anyway, apparently they redid the game so it is 100% single player until level cap.

Vyrosama
Master Chief Telephone Technician

Post by Vyrosama »

My experience with the game seems vastly different then the author. Also some of the new "features" he mention seem like they have always been there (i.e. companions that could heal,tank,dps).

Campaign was never too difficult to solo. Partying was a plus (remote turn-ins, can troll vote light/dark side answers, mobs became a joke to kill). I remember sprinkled out through each map were "group recommended" missions but all of them were optional and didn't really add anything content-wise just something todo if you're in the area.

Flashpoints (grouped instance dungeons) were there if you wanted to do them but not necessary. Not sure why that was "confusing", it was just extra content that you could queue for as a break from the campaign.

Same thing with PVP, something on the side that you could do if you want. And who doesn't love huttball? Or bitchslapping/choking jedis and then force pushing them off of bridges.

From what I remember, here's some negatives
- End game content was lacking. There's a few instances but require hardcore dedication and nothing to ramp you up to that level of skill/commitment.
- PVP became stale. Population decreases meant we always duel "Sith Busters" guild in PVP.
- PVP unbalance/gear grind was bad. They didn't have ranking in PVP so it was a hit or miss if you were under/over geared when matching opponents. Required a lot of matches an no other way to get small increments in gear improvement
- I was in a PVP server and there were exploits where ppl could spawn camp you in the open world (that imho was the "hardest" thing in the campaign, being ganked randomly =P).
- crafting wasn't worth it, other methods of obtaining gear was far easier and most of the time much better

I wouldn't mind going back to check out the campaign at some point. Also try Jedi classes/story.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

The flashpoints were the best part of the game, in my opinion. The campaign story suffered for having to be a dozen (or however many classes there were) different stories that lacked the impact of one really polished story.

I didn't last long enough to get to the end game or PVP.