Poser

Post by tasheren »

Such a selfless statement vinny!

No singing doesn't draw anything, at least not the ones that buff
You kicked my dog!!!

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

You can draw with Foe Requiem, which is a DoT.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

tasheren wrote:Such a selfless statement vinny!

No singing doesn't draw anything, at least not the ones that buff
Ummm, go look up selfless please.
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by VLSmooth »

Perhaps I'm interpreting this wrong, but he was trying to be sarcastic, as was my original intent.

Well, unless selfless does not mean without regard for oneself.

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

Maybe Joe was being sarcastic, didn't you think of that?

Except that he wasn't.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

And, Alan is right. I read it the first time and was, like, ok, sarcasm. For some reason I read it again later and just wanted to post anything, so I posted that without really thinking about it.
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by VLSmooth »

Eh? I pondered that, but the way it came across just seemed much too awkward.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

I found my pineapples!
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by VLSmooth »

Currently I'm a WAR17 with all three subjob items. With luck, this is my current plan:
  1. WAR18
  2. THF30/WAR15
  3. RNG30/THF15, getting tons of money
  4. SAM35/WAR17
  5. RNG70/SAM35.
8)

VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by VLSmooth »

When I go back to a lowly THF1, anybody want to get the Gustaberg Tour quest done? (requires level 5 or lower I think).

Yes, I know Dave and a bunch of your already did this, but I haven't yet ^_^;

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

actually, no i havent done the quest yet :/

and my nexy goal is to get BLM up to 17, so lets PT you sexy theif!
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

What's your BLM right now?

Man, everyone's lapped me twice. It's only going to get worse; I leave for Atlanta for 2 weeks on the 17th.

Zekmyr
Chump

Post by Zekmyr »

Dunno where else to post this, so let's clutter up this thread a bit more!

I'm seriously considering switching my main job to Dark Knight instead of Black Mage. I'm a little conflicted about this though, for one thing I'll be the crappiest race for a dark knight (and I have no intentions of starting over with a new race... ever...). Secondly, I'm not sure how helpful a Dark Knight is versus a Black Mage. Actually, from what I've been reading, neither of them get groups very well.

Anyway, does anyone have any thoughts? I suppose I could just eternally ping-pong back and forth and fall farther and farther behind, ultimately leading to my early retirement from the game, but that would suck...

Zekmyr

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

heh my BLM is at lvl 1, 0 xp. I just want to get Warp, so I can do quests easier with less pain.

just do whatever you find fun zek. :)

VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by VLSmooth »

From my limited exposure (mostly low level compared to you guys), BLMs are awesome since their damage dealing makes combat so much faster. Leveling without at least one is quite a pain (longer fights = less xp/time and more time needed for whm to rest, again killing xp/time).

As for dark knights, I haven't had much experience with them except for zek, who seemed to hold his own quite well.

Misc. note:
I grouped with Lysia, a lvl19 taru blm, when I was a war16 in Valk behind the outpost, and it was a real pain getting hate back everytime Lysia cast a -ga spell. Even though I was the only tank, I managed to get Lysia hit no more than twice an encounter, but I still think that's too much, especially when some casters (Solidius and Xarvious I think) decide to stand right next to tanks, just to get nailed by AoE... Standing that close and casting spells just seems stupid, and attacking with staves just doesn't seem worth it (rdm are exceptions).

tasheren
Poser

Post by tasheren »

quantus wrote:And, Alan is right. I read it the first time and was, like, ok, sarcasm. For some reason I read it again later and just wanted to post anything, so I posted that without really thinking about it.
Joe just sucks then, only conclusion!
You kicked my dog!!!

tasheren
Poser

Post by tasheren »

VLSmooth wrote:When I go back to a lowly THF1, anybody want to get the Gustaberg Tour quest done? (requires level 5 or lower I think).

Yes, I know Dave and a bunch of your already did this, but I haven't yet ^_^;
I haven't done the quest yet either. I'm in.
You kicked my dog!!!

tasheren
Poser

Post by tasheren »

Zekmyr wrote:Anyway, does anyone have any thoughts? I suppose I could just eternally ping-pong back and forth and fall farther and farther behind, ultimately leading to my early retirement from the game, but that would suck...Zekmyr
Hmm...well BLM is always welcome even at lvl 50+. Their ability to escape from battle in addition to damage dealing = faster kill = faster xp are always the main reasons. With that said though, BLM is never a must in a party.

My only real experience with a DRK is a lvl 70 Mithra who has about 1200 hps. She handles herself alright against easier enemies but did require healing. Then again, her Drain that absorbed 200+ hp helped :)

It's true that taru isn't the best fighter class but many people still do it and do fine. As long as you're not the "main tank" in a party you should be ok (ie party with a paladin or a ninja who will act as main tanks heh)
You kicked my dog!!!

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

Actually RDMs shouldn't be attacking with staves either, we don't have a staves skill so we'd suck horribly with them. If you're a RDM and are meleeing, you either be using a sword or whacking away with some other weapon just to raise skill because the mob is an easy one.

Or be like me and only melee when there's 3 other mages in the group.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

yea, I find that even as a PLD, im not *that* required in parties since ninja/blinking will be better for XP, and WAR/SAM sheild breaking non-stop is just as good a tank. When forming a party, the 1st two that obviously are needed is a healer and a tank. a WHM is usually a must unless there are 3 WHM subs like BRD/WHM BLM/WHM and a RDM/WHM which is fine too and lots of MP-regen. I was told by high lvl japanese players that the usual order of most-sought-after in PTs in higher levels is RDM -> BRD -> WHM, in that order. RDM because of 2 spells - Dispel and Refresh, BRD for their songs.

I parties with a few japanese DRK lvl 35+ and they have a pretty easy job role. just do dmg, just not too much lol. I usually have to cast a cure2 after each renkai they end to get aggro back