Grand Pooh-Bah

Re: STIM fights

Post by Jonathan »

Nah, that's deliberate, baby.

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

I'm about a day from being able to fit T2 medium projectiles! I think after that I'm going to start training the spaceship skills for June 4.

Or maybe get T2 drones? Feel like that might be worth it.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Huh, I totally replied to that. I flew ECM drones for a very long time. Especially if you're just fitting out frigs and Ruptures and doing a lot of solo. If you get into a 50m3 drone boat, then you'll start to feel it, perhaps.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

http://www.rotekapelle.com/killboard/?a ... l_id=82873

AHAC to intercept a large gang someone reported on intel channels. I came in not knowing what was going on, so I jumped into an interceptor and paced the stragglers. Hels was actually scout in like a Malediction or something. He made first contact and tracked them a few jumps. They headfaked going to highsec via Shenda, then via Sazilid. I don't believe they had any intention of doing either due to the shininess of their fleet and the number of outlaws with them. Once they appeared to be headed to highsec, FC ordered Hels & I to apply pressure and aggress if we could.

Hels got them on a scan towards the highsec gates, which were only a few thousand km apart. He warped to Shenda at 0 and I warped to Sazilid. He found them on gate at 0 and was forced off grid. I immediately bounced to Shenda at 100. When I got there, they almost all had three digit velocity, so I called they were aligned on comms. I did a look at to double check and sure enough they were pointed at the Shenda gate. There may be fraps for this later. Anyway, I directed FC to point at Shenda.

I think they always had every intention of engaging us. Whether this was trying to position their logi & ECM exactly where they wanted, or they were trying the batphone and needed more time to form Voltron, or what, I am not sure. Anyway, they started to warp to Shenda at basically the same time our fleet start to warp. We both form up more or less at zero, lock up some primaries and then trigger aggression (we initiated). I locked up and pointed the primaries so I would get on the KMs, then I tried to find something to tackle off gate. With that many bad guys, gate guns are a don't-care. I did tackle some of their logi, but I attracted the attention of a Blackbird and got jammed. I've been flying too many ECCM ships, because I waited a cycle or two before breaking his lock via pulling range. By that time Logi had moved back at 0, so I just randomly aggressed things until they were all in highsec.

Not a great fight to be in a Stiletto. I need to scare up the isk for a Zealot now that I can fly one.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

http://www.rotekapelle.com/killboard/?a ... adjacent=1

And then this happened.

I was scout in my Rupture. FD- had a few in local, so FC sent forward another Rupture to support me. They had Vexor/Thorax or something along those lines on scan. Narrowed 'em down to station and then tried to bait them onto the PF- gate by warping in one by one. Other Rupture went through to PF- when they didn't show up and reported it clear enough. I reduced my dscan range by half since the station was 13 AU away so I knew I would catch things headed towards my direction, and saw a Stabber coming towards me. When I landed I lit him up and called point. Gang piled in.

Here's where things started to go wrong.

For some reason, FC thought it was a SFI, not a Stabber. I have no idea why. I started trying to hurt him and didn't keep my eye on dscan. He jumped through after letting me aggress and was caught by our other Rupture. Gang jumped on contact and brought him down on the other side, but Sven popped a bubble on the PF- side of the gate. The bubble caught our Blackbird, who was trailing as he should be, about 20km off gate. When their Tornadoes showed up, Cele had no where to be. That was just bad luck; I don't think there was much in the way of piloting derp.

Then, after we got clear, we tried to bait those Tornadoes into showing up on a grid we were ready to control. Mostly that consisted of getting inline to their celestial so when they warped in at 70km we'd be able to apply points. When they failed to do that, I should have been very clear that we had no play and everyone should get safe, but I only called them landing and Cass asked for tackle. The Tornadoes were never any in danger. I tried to counter the call, but no one was aligned and we lost the stuff.

Dunno what that dumb SFI was trying to do. Anyway, we had links up and he looked like he thought he could warp without getting pointed when he jumped into us.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Huh.

I just noticed I had almost 1.8B approximate value in my items hangar in TXW.

Put some stuff on contracts and now I have 1.1B approximate value in my items hangar. 180M is my spare Skirmish mindlink, and I have some other implants I am holding onto for potential use.

That was rather more than I was expecting. By comparison, my ship hangar is at almost 2B. I'm trying to clear out my Minmatar BS and stage Amarr. I was thinking about selling my Ashimmu, but if I get 700M more I might just fit it out instead.

Lowest sell price on Domi EMP M ammo is 300k right now. That is silly. Makes me wish I hadn't shot so much of it. :P

I also bought really big stacks of T2 cruiser mods when they were cheaper, evidently. There's no way I'm going to use 26 T2 10MN MWDs. And apparently Tripped Power Circuits have value now.

I should probably cash in my LP sometime. I have 83k Concord I never used.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

To bring Warp Disruptor II online requires 1.00 power units, but only 0.95 of the 1182.50 units that your power core produces are still available.
Fuck right off with that

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

I might get weapons upgrade V and advanced weapon upgrades to IV instead - according to Eve Mon I can either do that or get Warrior IIs. I'll probably get more mileage out of the former.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Woo non scrub fitting skills.

Yeah, big guns all the way. The difference between me and a all V clone on a no-guns Arbitrator is 5 dps. Drones. Meh.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

http://www.rotekapelle.com/index.php?to ... #msg131170

I did a thing. You're new; what did I miss that is useful?

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

Kermit avoidance?

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Hm.

The spirit is there, but not the letter.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

There, I was explicit and used examples.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

http://www.rotekapelle.com/index.php?to ... #msg131384

I logged in about 0120. Bob was on comms waiting for Booley or Ivy to get in and checking out bubbles. I scouted the 66 pilots in Aunsou and found it was Bomber Bar, but formed up in Prophecy fleet with links and support on an Erebus.

http://raynor.cl/eve/formRecive.php?id=kiKXUHo

Rapier or Arazu are great ships for this, as they can easily fit probes, cyno, and tackle which they can hold assuming light incoming dps. When I am scouting without a fleet behind me, I usually sit in my Rapier.

We don't know their relationship with Goons, so I watched until they bridged somewhere else in Syndicate then I went back to TXW. While that was happening, other folks got eyes on the tower in question and FD-, which is where Goons stage within Syndicate. FD- was pretty empty, available blobs within range were pretty small, and there were only two carriers repping the tower, so when scout called them in triage we formed up in high dps Attack BCs and bridged out. I do not have an 800 Nado (I just don't like them) so I went out in my 1400 Nado, which definitely hurt my dps. I also had no Quake, and had loaded RF EMP anticipating an actual, you know, tank. Just really underscores my need to get some isk and pulses so I can fit out my Oracles already.

Untanked carriers were untanked, so we popped them before any response was possible and headed home with Drake as our scout. There was a Moa/SFI gang around 3MOG, but we were completely uncomped for tackle and they all got away.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

http://droog.rwpcomputers.com/?a=kill_r ... l_id=42411

That Proph gang I scouted bridged on GROON, got killed.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

If you ever Titan bridge, proper etiquette is to warp to the Titan pilot @ 10km, set your Keep At to 2200m, then Keep the Titan At 2200. Don't forget to change your range back after you close.

When the cyno is in fleet, he can light and the Titan can bridge. A nifty bluish glow surrounds the Titan. You can right click on the Titan and select Jump To XYZ System to bridge to wherever the cyno is lit. You will need to go back home in real space unless there is another Titan at the destination.

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

Jonathan wrote:If you ever Titan bridge, proper etiquette is to warp to the Titan pilot @ 10km, set your Keep At to 2200m, then Keep the Titan At 2200. Don't forget to change your range back after you close.
What's the reasoning behind those ranges?

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

I think you must be within 2500 to jump, same as a stargate. 10km is the closest you can get without going under. Once upon a time, titans had to be at 0 velocity in order to bridge. I am reliably told this is not the case any more, but still, bumping a titan making the pilot twitchy.

When you warp to a titan at 0, you usually bump it because it is so large.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

I'm liking this a lot:

Stiletto
small diminishing power drain (meta 4 nos)
2x 125mm

warp disruptor II
faint scram (meta 4)
medium shield extender ii
1mn limited mwd

nanofiber structure ii
pseudoelectron containment field (meta 3 suitcase)
micro auxiliary power core ii

small polycarb i
ionic field projector i

There's definitely an appreciable improvement in transversal and total EHP over my previous fits.

Also, according to EFT, Interceptors V/Acceleration Control V just kills in avoiding Zealot fire.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Jeez I just dropped 65M on Mega Pulses. That's silly. Break the OTEC cartel! :evil: