It's nice to be noticed

pew pew pew
Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

It's nice to be noticed

Post by Jonathan »

From http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard ... dID=867773
CPU wrote:This is to serve as the formal announcement of the Combined Planetary Union's departure from the Great Wildlands region. The political and tactical environment in Great Wildlands is rapidly becoming untenable. With Foundati0n's recent decision to revoke their much-vaunted "Free Space For All" policy and begin to charge rent in order for corporations and alliances to remain in Great Wildlands, they have lost a great many allies, including some of their staunchest supporters in combat operations.

This change in policy has led directly to a sharp increase in the presence and strength of hostile powers in the region, particularly the Tau Ceti Federation, the Obsidian Empire, and Cry Havoc. It is our position that Foundati0n will soon lose the ability to maintain a hold on Great Wildlands given the current strategic situation, and we are not willing to pay three quarters of a billion isk per month for the privilege of watching FDN die.
My corp is one of the founding members of Obsidian Empire, and UGH has pretty much been the sole corp of the four OE corps flying in Great Wildlands. The boys (along with Cry Havoc and Stimulus) have been making trouble in FDN's backyard. So much trouble, in fact, I am training up recon ships specifically to get a piece of the action. And, hey, skanks's last death was in Great Wildlands, so he's helping out, too!

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Re: It's nice to be noticed

Post by Jonathan »

Drama! INEVE kicked UGH out of OE, and NO TR either left or was kicked as well. The current plan is to continue our campaign in Great Wildlands against Foundati0n with our blues (Cry Havoc, Stimulus, NO TR, and a newcomer yet to reveal itself). We're basing in Derelik, which coincidentally is where Neal already was. Guess he'll never get a chance to run a clone down to Curse now. :D

Stimulus has this vision of GW being a safe haven for our type of small PvP corp: NPC sovereignty so no POS battles, and it's on the poorer side so the big guns aren't likely to take it back (see Mercenary Coalition's seizure of and eventual eviction from Period Basis by Band of Brothers), there's not many stations so no hostile neighbors next door, but it's near Curse and Scalding Pass which present plenty of targets. If we can persuade FDN to leave, maybe that'll happen. Fun!

skanks
Poser

Post by skanks »

To clarify, the reason we got kicked out essentially boiled down to some people have a mildly legitimate grievance, talking lots of trash, and things escalating faster than the level heads could mediate. The alienation seems to be limited to a handful of people. It's all a bunch of BS really and lots of people are annoyed because now they have to move their shit *again* and we just finished moving last week.

I'm at Arnola. Finally polished off Drones V. Electronics Upgrades is going to take 12 Days to research so I'm going to hold off for now and focus on boosting DPS. Focusing on DPS makes the most sense since my skill set is heavily weighted towards Perception. I don't really have the cash for the tech II ships that E Upgrades would allow in any case, and at this point I would probably get my ass kicked anyways and lose all the isk.

Anyway, I've been flying the Incursus just to get practice at disengaging. I was looking for Dwind yesterday but then I went to bed.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

My ass was getting kicked by work. And then I'm in Pittsburgh next week.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

skanks wrote:I'm at Arnola. Finally polished off Drones V. Electronics Upgrades is going to take 12 Days to research so I'm going to hold off for now and focus on boosting DPS. Focusing on DPS makes the most sense since my skill set is heavily weighted towards Perception. I don't really have the cash for the tech II ships that E Upgrades would allow in any case, and at this point I would probably get my ass kicked anyways and lose all the isk.

Anyway, I've been flying the Incursus just to get practice at disengaging. I was looking for Dwind yesterday but then I went to bed.
Flying the Incursus is definitely the best plan for now. Do you have enough of 'em in Arnola?

We've got maybe three kinds of ops in our immediate future: gatecamping 7Q- (fast lock, good tackle, and/or high alpha damage), cloaky ops (cloakin' or other ability to gtfo), and remote rep BS ops (BS, HIC, scout, antisupport, caps), so take that into consideration. Frig/destroyer is not bad for gatecamping, neither is a ganky Vexor (hint: 2x heavy, 2x medium, 1x light = pwn), Thorax, or Brutix. Interceptor, stealth bomber, covops(hey), or EW frig are good for cloaky ops (and inty and EW frig are good in small roaming gangs). RR BS could use interdictor/interceptor, other frig scout (assuming you learn how to scout effectively), or a destroyer/ rail Thorax. Rail Brutix wouldn't be bad in a RR BS gang if tanked so you could be remote repped.

Another fun thing you can do is train up propulsion jamming and anchoring so you can use a mobile warp disruption bubble. Lay that down somewhere in 7Q- in your Incursus. If a hauler/noob ship comes through, you get 'em, otherwise you bug out. You could experiment with the Crows, too (don't think you could take a Blaster Taranis in an Incursus, if you do then that's mad props).

Get that Drone Interfacing, btw. Lemme know if you need mo' isk. I'm cooking up plans for new revenue streams. Are you running missions/ratting at all, or are you 100% PvP/practice?