Urban Dead

pew pew pew
Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Urban Dead

Post by Jonathan »

http://www.urbandead.com/signup.cgi?city=2

Web-based survival horror MMORPG. Once you get zombified, you keep on playing as a zombie, though. Or you can start a new guy, but only until tomorrow the 15th.

I'm gonna do this for a week as a survivor just to see. I'll be a Doctor.

Dwindlehop - Fireman
Lorekeep2 - Consumer
Chester Skanksworthy - Fireman
quantus - Fireman
spacegin - Scout

Abandoned?
Felix Skanksworthy - Policeman
Linus Skanksworthy - Zombie
Dwindlehop01 - Doctor

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Re: Urban Dead

Post by Jonathan »

You are inside Hyginus General Hospital, its empty wards criss-crossed with snapped quarantine tape. The building has been very strongly barricaded.
I'm Dwindlehop01.

Edit: in Newtown.
Mo' edit: Group: schlag2b

Not sure what group means yet.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Ski ... ght_Skills

Note that Necrotech is not operational in this version of the game, so that
A. you can't train NT skills
B. you can't revive zombies

Fireman seems like a good choice, since a fireaxe doesn't require constantly searching for ammo.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Monroeville
http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Newtown

Newtown is in the lower left. Seems like the last few survivors have huddled there.
To that end, survivors with a clue are encouraged to trek southwest and join in the establishment and defense of what will almost certainly be the last suburb standing.

I have worked tirelessly to maintain communications between Hyginus general hospital, Foxworthy Police Department, and Johnson Boulevard Fire Station.
First priority: get Free Running and find a extremely heavily barricaded safehouse to enter.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

My nick is quantus, player id is 1307258, I'm a fireman and in a heavily barricaded fire department in Newton. I joined the schlag2b group.

All my AP for the day went to going next door to the police station, killing a zombie and high tailing it back to the fire department on my last two AP. I think I'm gonna go with hand to hand combat for a better to-hit percentage first.
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

Peijen
Minion to the Exalted Pooh-Bah

Post by Peijen »

hmm, I am not getting anywhere with cybots, maybe I will try this for a while.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

What's the name of the fire department? I'll come over and heal you.

Is it extremely heavily barricaded? I thought new players wouldn't be able to enter extremely heavily barricaded buildings. Did you enter the building before logging out?

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

I'm up to 32 xp. Zombies have been raiding Foxworthy Police Department and Johnson Boulevard Fire Station, so I found some guys to heal. I'm trying to keep a few AP and FAK in reserve in case I log in and Hyginus General Hospital has been overrun. Barricade strength is no longer very strong.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Added quantus to my contact list and changed your color to green so maybe I'll notice you.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Saw you! Said hi. Used one AP. Realized talking to you is pointless. Shut the hell up. :D

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

PD is overrun and the hospital barricade is down. Also there's a zombie in the hospital.

Might want to check on whether the fire station is OK. I haven't got enough AP.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

I think I'm going straight for Construction rather than Free Running so I can contribute to defense.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Are there supplies you need in the fire station? If not, you should shelter at the hospital next time you take out some zombies at the police department.

Edit: Only good thing in a Fire station is the axe, which you already have. Get out and help defend the hospital. :P

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

In the morning I'm leaving for Catherine General Hospital. There's a group that's going to try to take the Weaver mall, but I doubt they will succeed. Anyway, the Foxworthy police station seems lost as no one is fighting for it.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Well, I just killed another zombie and took one more down about half way. That was just enough to get me over 100 xp so now I have hand-to-hand combat which gets me 15% more accuracy with the axe over the 25% I had to start. I guess construction and free running are my next two abilities to gain.

I got fireman clothes at the fire station rather than the pansy scrubs that are available at the hospital. What's at Catherine General Hospital that's not at Hyginus General Hospital? Where is it and how do I get there? Anyways, I'm gonna hole up here for a short while to recover AP.

Edit: Yikes, the barricade is down at the hospital so I fled up to the second building north of the fire department. I couldn't get into the fire department or the other building just north of it because it was too heavily barricaded. I guess free running is definitely the next skill I will get.
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Hospitals have first aid kits for healing. However, the fire station is a decent base just because it is near a hospital and police department.

I'm probably going to find a quiet library and read books until I get Free Running. There's a huge horde at Foxworthy PD that probably is going to overrun the Hyginus hospital. My Catherine hospital had a zombie in it, so I had to move on.

Oooh. Maybe we could meet at a new hospital north of you. I will repair it and get FAKs to heal you, and you can pick off zombies and get healed. I'll check the map.

Peijen
Minion to the Exalted Pooh-Bah

Post by Peijen »

In as spacegin/scout, probably a really bad choice, but didn't read the wiki until too late, oh well.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Yeah, I left because Hyginus is going to be overrun with zombies. There was only one guy with Construction in the whole place.

I'm by Caylor Library which is way west of you (86/305). I think that access to a PD is not necessary at this point. Axes or knives are the best weapons for now. I'm going to head NE and land in school/hospital pair at 70/323 called Parkdale Hospital. I will study books in the school and get XP, and get FAKs in the hospital if you need healing. I'll stay there until I get Free Running and you find a safehouse or until I get Construction. If the horde comes I'm fleeing Newtown.

Think I'll spend the next twelve hours in the building I'm in building up AP and then hightail it back to the east side of this suburb.

skanks
Poser

Post by skanks »

Ok, I joined. My guy is Felix Skanksworthy. Apprently I'm in Newton. I joined as a cop and I'm in the Glasgo Crescent Police Dept.

I exited the Dept and found a zombie, immediately ran out of ammo, used my hands, got 20 xp, made it back to the department and now I'm asleep.