pew pew pew
Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Tribal Wars

Post by Jonathan »

Peijen
Minion to the Exalted Pooh-Bah

Post by Peijen »

I feel like I have played this or something similar in the last year. But it's not like I need to do any work or anything.

Jason
Veteran Doodler

Post by Jason »

I don't know why since I don't have the time for this, but I created a village on world 8, continent 52.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

I thought this was the 1st person shooter game!
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Since this takes so little time to play, I'm at (473|222) K24 on World 8.
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

Jason
Veteran Doodler

Post by Jason »

quantus wrote:Since this takes so little time to play, I'm at (473|222) K24 on World 8.
One recommendation or at least my two cents: upgrade your resource producing things as much as possible in the first 5 days. You can't get attacked and they seem to be the only limiting factor on how fast your village grows.

Let me know if you don't agree with me.

Also, you should probably start another village on another world once you get the hang of things.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

I agree with your strategy. I'm already at 12/12/9 for timber/clay/iron... The other trick is to start building up an army of spearmen and sending them to other nearby villages of people who started then never come back. Each spearman can carry 25 resources back. If you send at least 9 or 10, you'll only lose 1 guy. If you send like 50-75, you won't lose any. I figure at least 13 spearmen is the minimum to make it worth the loss of the one guy. Past the first 4 times that the spearmen attack, you'll be making additional resources from what was invested in recruiting them. If you have like 50 spearmen, and the village is nearby, you could get 400 resources of each type in like 2 hours. The villages still only produce at what their default rates are, so it takes like 10 hours for that village to replenish the loss, so you'd need 5 villages nearby to raid like this to really make it pay off quickly. The main drawback to all this is the micromanagement needed and others nearby might be doing the same.

Jason
Veteran Doodler

Post by Jason »

If you can afford it, swordsman are a lot better at attacking than spearman. You only need to send 2 swordman to pillage an undefended village.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

swordmen only carry 15 while spearmen carry 25... Maybe I'll make a mixed group though.

What's your village's coordinates?

Jason
Veteran Doodler

Post by Jason »

quantus wrote:What's your village's coordinates?
218|531

It's one of my dummy accts since I didn't know whether I would be playing long.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Yikes, it would take a swordsman roughly 6 days 3 hours to get all the way over to your village.

Anyways, I'm at 350 points and 15/16/14 (timber/wood/clay).

Jason
Veteran Doodler

Post by Jason »

Are you still playing? Have you joined a tribe?

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Ummm, kinda scary that we both posted about this at the same time there...

Yeah, my tribe is one of the many that make up LMFAO. We seem to have a presence over in continent 42 as does our allies KoH. You might want to try hooking up with them if you want to keep playing. I have a feeling that we're gonna lose interest like happened with cybots about 3 years ago.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

An interesting trick if you have too much of a resource and you're going to hit the limit of your warehouse is to just put it up on the market for a lot of hours. If you use an asking price that's ridiculous, it'll sit in your market instead of the warehouse until you've reduced your inventory. The higher level of your market, the more flexibility you'll have with this method.

Jason
Veteran Doodler

Post by Jason »

I'm at 288 with a 15/15/10.
There's only one viable tribe in my continent: ~GK~ I'm not sure whether I should join are not. I'm definitely not as hardcore as most of the people in these tribes and most say that they'll use you as a farm if you aren't there regularly.

Yeah, not sure how long I'm going to keep playing. It is something semi-interesting to do when I have about 30 secs in the middle of the day.

Jason
Veteran Doodler

Post by Jason »

I really should create a separate thread for this, but this is starting to feel like: this

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

In case you care, world 9 opened today. My tribe is starting in the NorthWest.