Expansion Trail = lame

pew pew pew
Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Expansion Trail = lame

Post by Dave »

So in my mail I see a DVD of WoW Burning Crusade, and go "wtf?" I didn't buy this shit! and then see it's the trial edition of the expansion.

But it requires that you reactivate your old account ($15), then you get to play a locked edition of the expansion for 10 days (can get exp, but can't level haha), then they force you to buy the expansion online for $40.

I guess this is cooler than AOL coasters at least.
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

I lied, I am so going to try this free trial.

$15 to reactivate, dick around for a bit, then sell all my gold to IGE. ( https://www.ige.com/ssl/sellcurrency.aspx ) Their ticker is kinda like watching the stock market. At the current rate of $0.043 per gold, I can make $559.

And if i get banned, oh well!

edit: oh snap the price has fallen to 0.039 after typing this post!
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Dave wrote:I lied, I am so going to try this free trial.
I laughed a lot until I read the bit about how you were going to make $500. Then I laughed less.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

So I reactivated, sold stuff then hit the trial level cap (@1 exp to level 61) and seriously contemplating getting the expansion. I'm so going to fail my willpower check.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

:lol:

Sell the char, don't give in!

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

No one buys level 60 characters anymore, guess I'll have to level to 70 to sell it! yea! best reasoning ever!

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

:oops:

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Random anecdote since I'm bored at work. I was selling 5000 Gold (max you can sell at a time) and the guy kept saying "5000 no postage" and I had no clue what he was actually talking about thinking he didn't get my in-game mail. (FYI in WoW, ingame mail is only "instant" when sending money, items or text take an hour or so)

So I finally realize that "postage" he was talking about was the 30 copper it costs to send a mail, probably to their company "bank" since they use level 1 alts to throw Blizzard off or something.

If 1 gold = 1 dollar, he just spend 3 minutes demanding I send him 3 tenths of a penny. But since at the time 1 gold = .048 of a dollar, it was really 3 minutes over $0.000144.

VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by VLSmooth »

After the ridiculous amount of indirect RMT reading I've done over the years, it's still strange hearing of a player selling currency instead of buying it, with the notable exception of the player quitting the game.

Quitting again?

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Yep, reactivated to requit. or get banned.

I figured out the majority of my gold came from one transmute that was on a 24 hour cooldown. Essence of Undeath to Essence of Air, the first being purchasable for ~1G and the result being sold for ~20G. Of course, since the expansion, everything I had was vendor trash. hehe

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=507157

What is the best spam? Corpse spam! Each dot is a tiny dead gnome.

You should play so you are subjected to junk like this!