All these hurricanes

Posts you want to find years later go here.
quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

The largest single purchase had come from town employees of the hard-hit town of Orange Beach who purchased 300 work gloves and every can of spray paint in the shop.

"They said they need to paint temporary road signs and mark the condemned buildings," said Doug Pope, a store employee. "I can tell you it has been an education in how to use the calculator."
heh
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

skanks wrote:regarding Ivan:

<i>"Downgraded to a tropical storm, it [Ivan] left a trail of death and destruction as far north as Pennsylvania today"</i>

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/17/natio ... OR.html?hp

What the fuck are tropical storms doing in Pennsylvania? Pittsburgh doesn't export is shitty weather elsewhere; I don't know how the South gets away with this bullshit.
By the way, that's pretty sensationalist. I'm sure there's only minor destruction in PA and not that much. The peope who tried to drive through a flooded river in WV were just dumb or didn't see it because it was before dawn.
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

Jason
Veteran Doodler

Post by Jason »

quantus wrote:
skanks wrote:regarding Ivan:

<i>"Downgraded to a tropical storm, it [Ivan] left a trail of death and destruction as far north as Pennsylvania today"</i>

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/17/natio ... OR.html?hp

What the fuck are tropical storms doing in Pennsylvania? Pittsburgh doesn't export is shitty weather elsewhere; I don't know how the South gets away with this bullshit.
By the way, that's pretty sensationalist. I'm sure there's only minor destruction in PA and not that much. The peope who tried to drive through a flooded river in WV were just dumb or didn't see it because it was before dawn.
Well you're wrong joe. Apparently the entire county is flooded and a lot of people (like my father) can't get home tonight because the roads are flooded.