LCDs?

Posts you want to find years later go here.
Jason
Veteran Doodler

Post by Jason »

Dave wrote:well, got my dell lcd... no dead pxiels just some inconsistent backlighting :( which I am making them send me another one for lol. kinda like how I went through 3 Dell 19"s before giving up.

Running anything in non-1600 modes sucks horribly. 800 x 600 cs @ 120 hz no more! 1600x1200 it is. which make me need a faster video card =/
what version of CS do you play? what servers?

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

.p
Last edited by Dave on Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

recieved my 1st replacement monitor.... still has uneven backlighting. just less overall area, but oncentrated in the upper right =/

After remaining completely still in my office until the lights turned off at work (I am not bored I swear) my work monitor also has very slight backlighting leakage.

so, dell quality sucks, but their service is good :oops:
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

waffles! I got my 2nd replacement LCD yesterday, and the backlighting issue is semi-gone, but it has.... ONE DEAD PIXEL!~~~! yayaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

maple syrup? so are you going to live with the dead pixel or return it?

Jason
Veteran Doodler

Post by Jason »

whipped cream and strawberries ** I think he should return it so that the people at Dell blacklist him.

Peijen
Minion to the Exalted Pooh-Bah

Post by Peijen »

people claim that it could be a 'stuck' pixel and you can just rub it out. never tried it, not my fault if something bad happens to your monitor while you try to rub one out.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

what should i rub it with? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :P

Peijen
Minion to the Exalted Pooh-Bah

Post by Peijen »

if you don't want to get it dirty use a clean cloth, if not just use which ever hand you feel more comfortable with.

bob
Poser

Post by bob »

Peijen wrote:people claim that it could be a 'stuck' pixel and you can just rub it out. never tried it, not my fault if something bad happens to your monitor while you try to rub one out.
I've seen a few cases where there appears to be a dead pixel (or many) on a new monitor, but it's really just dust or styrofoam or something from the packaging. Wipe it with a cotton cloth/shirt and see if that helps. You could also try Windex, but I don't make any guarantees about that doing bad things to the monitor.