Video Cards

Posts you want to find years later go here.
VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Video Cards

Post by VLSmooth »

Anyone have (reasonable) suggestions for video cards? I'm currently in the market for two: one with good video out for an HTPC I'm building, and one for my main computer.

Currently I'm looking into getting the MSI FX5600-VTDR128 or a Radeon 9200 for the HTPC. Unfortunately, I haven't heard much about the FX5600's TV-out quality. It's $182 at Newegg.

For my main box I'm looking at a Radeon 9700 (non-pro). At first I was thinking about going with a Radeon 9500 pro, but they're hard to find and not all that much cheaper.

Comments?

Peijen
Minion to the Exalted Pooh-Bah

Post by Peijen »

use that money to buy a hooker instead?

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Your take on the situation pretty much coincides with my own, though I don't really pay attention to AIW, VIVO type cards.

Personally, I'm waiting on the impending release of the big name DirectX 9 games before I make any purchases intended to run said games. However, you may be on a different timetable.

As for the hooker, I daresay getting a new video card decreases your chances of getting a girlfriend less than getting a hooker does. So between the two, the better choice is the video card.

Peijen

Post by Peijen »

with $300 you can probably buy a vietnamese girl to be your girlfriend/sex slave

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Peijen wrote:with $300 you can probably buy a vietnamese girl to be your girlfriend/sex slave
What can you get for $200, which is the price of the card he is looking at?

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

I think you can get Russian chicks for free, you just have to marry them so they can get a green card.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

So, Vinny, the answer is buy the Radeon and marry a Russian girl. Any questions?

VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Therefore

Post by VLSmooth »

It's a win/win situation :)
(except for my wallet...)

Peijen

Post by Peijen »

Alan wrote:I think you can get Russian chicks for free, you just have to marry them so they can get a green card.
"Getting green card" costs $300 if you do it yourself, unless the Russian chick is willing to pay for it.

bob
Poser

Post by bob »

I have an AST VGA Plus that you can have. It r0xxorz your b0xxorz. And by "b0xxorz" i don't mean computers. Of course, this is assuming that you wear b0xxorz to begin with. Otherwise, i guess it would r0xxorz your tighty whiteys, or perhaps your g-string or thong.