Guy who can't fucking type

For general rambling.
bob
Poser

Guy who can't fucking type

Post by bob »

This guy is worse than Pei-Jen. At least PJ uses full words, even if the letters are sometimes in the wrong order. So, here I am, at a big corporation that like to be all businesslike and professional, even though it happens to make games. And then we've got interns, about sixty of them, who all want to be part of this big wonderful industry of making games, which is getting really close to having normal people consider it a legitimate way to earn a living. We're having a party in a few days, and one of the interns, named Manu, apparently is planning to attend. Here is the wonderful email exchange demonstrating his amazing typing skills.

My housemate writes to the intern mailing list:
The Big Night is coming. Plan on it. Tell your friends.

Manu replies to the intern list:
Great!! Will b there.

Is anyone going to b driving bck to SF that night? Transportation could b an issue..

MAnu

I reply to Manu:
you should get that keyboard looked at

Manu replies to me:
Seems 2 b fine. :)

sorry dude.. I am lazy when it comes 2 typing.

Is it just me, or does his typing scream out "I am stupid"? It makes him look like a 13 year old girl typing on AOL. You know, one of those ones the newspaper is aghast about because they turn in English papers written like that too. Hell, I don't even type like that when I'm instant messaging on the cell phone. Sure, maybe I don't use capitalization most of the time when i write on the computer, but at least I know how to spell words. I hate trying to have a text conversation of any kind with people who spell like that.

And now, dare I ask how future posts in this thread will be written?

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

You're just asking for it, really.

Martin
Chump

Post by Martin »

High school students are apparently writing their essays for class like this now. I read an article a few months ago but it's vanished into the ether.

bob
Poser

Post by bob »

I read the same article, probably. It shocked and awed me. I experienced shocknawe, in fact. Really, I don't see how in a fuckmoon writing like that could in any way help them write English papers. You have to try pretty hard to condition yourself to reading and writing like a retard. Retards in fact remind me of a great quote. And the accompanying picture is also good:

Arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still a retard.

Jason
Veteran Doodler

Post by Jason »

fuckmoon? interesting. going to have to use that.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Maybe highschool students are writing perfectly good papers but running them through this first:

http://ssshotaru.homestead.com/files/ao ... lator.html
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by VLSmooth »

Incidentally, when I was home in June, I read an article in the St. Petersburg Times about the FBI/CIA having three 10-13 year-old girls instruct agents on how they type (like the previous examples), including slang, etc. The reasoning was agents needed the background/information for impersonation to catch molesters, etc.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

VLSmooth wrote:Incidentally, when I was home in June, I read an article in the St. Petersburg Times about the FBI/CIA having three 10-13 year-old girls instruct agents on how they type (like the previous examples), including slang, etc. The reasoning was agents needed the background/information for impersonation to catch molesters, etc.
This was all over the interweb. It was probably an AP story.

VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by VLSmooth »

Heh, it makes sense to have something like that widespread.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what AP stands for. Care to enlighten me?

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

Associated Press

An AP story is basically one that's run in all the newspapers/news sites everywhere.

VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by VLSmooth »

Interesting, the Associated Press sounds like the perfect facade for a large clandestine operation that pulls strings from the shadows...

Although, I take it it's just an alliance of major news/content providers like all newspapers, CNN, etc. (correct?)