irc rocks (#cccp@irc.rizon.net)

For general rambling.
VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

irc rocks (#cccp@irc.rizon.net)

Post by VLSmooth »

It's possible (often in the channels I visit) to find extremely knowledge people on IRC.

Key quote:
[01:31] <VLSmooth> in any case, I'm really happy/impressed someone knew what I was talking about and answered perfectly within 3 minutes :)
Larger context:
[01:03] * Now talking in #cccp
[01:03] * Topic is '☭ CCCP | November came 4 months early | http://cccp-project.net | !help, !faq, !troubleshoot, !question | NO: !list, @find, Klite | Latest CCCP: 2011-06-26'
[01:03] * Set by ender!~ender1@krneki.bla on Mon Jun 27 11:43:27
[01:03] -Rizon- [#cccp] Welcome to the #cccp help channel. Please state your problem/suggestions in a clear, concise manner, and help us help you. Please be patient, we're not here 24/7, but someone will be helping you soon.
[01:11] <VLSmooth> after upgrading to the latest 2011-06-26 cccp, I noticed a subtle change:
[01:12] <VLSmooth> dragging via the main playback panel (ie. clicking and dragging the video image)
[01:12] <VLSmooth> without pausing still works in minimal mode (hot key 1), and then with the seek bar up (ctrl+1)
[01:12] <VLSmooth> however, bringing the status bar up (ctrl+5) makes clicking the main section pause
[01:12] <VLSmooth> the latter used to work in the last version of cccp (might be tied to media player classic itself?)
[01:12] <VLSmooth> is there anyway to have: the seek bar up, the status bar up, and clicking and dragging working at the same time?
[01:14] <namaiki> VLSmooth: http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mpc-hc/ticket/1427
[01:15] <VLSmooth> thanks!
[01:19] <VLSmooth> got it to work: "Changing the pause key to left up, resolves this issue." -xyanic
[01:19] <VLSmooth> perfect!
[01:23] <Lord> you must love several different functions bound to the same input
[01:26] <VLSmooth> I admit I've become fond of the context-based (fullscreen or not) functionality
[01:31] <VLSmooth> in any case, I'm really happy/impressed someone knew what I was talking about and answered perfectly within 3 minutes :)
[01:31] <VLSmooth> I was worried that my concern was too niche
[01:31] <VLSmooth> sidenote: it's too bad the options dialog box (hotkey o) cannot be resized (oh well, not a big deal)
[01:31] <VLSmooth> it took me a moment to realize options > 'player' > 'keys' had a horizontal scrollbar
[01:31] <VLSmooth> which I needed to use to get to the 'mouse' column to change the default 'Left Down' to 'Left Up'
[01:34] <Lord> [05:24:35] <VLSmooth> I admit I've become fond of the context-based (fullscreen or not) functionality <- for different contexts it would actually make sense, especially for something like a mouse where you only have so many buttons
[01:34] <Lord> but that's not how it works now at least
[01:35] <Lord> [05:29:41] <VLSmooth> it took me a moment to realize options > 'player' > 'keys' had a horizontal scrollbar <- it is also easy to miss that those cells can be actually interacted with
[01:36] <Lord> (and you can only do so with a mouse, for added fun)
[01:37] <VLSmooth> indeed, (un)fortunately, I can't think of a better solution off the top of my head
[01:38] <Lord> don't use a listview, use a separate part of the dialog or a button to edit lines, etc.
[01:38] <Lord> +or
[01:39] <Lord> but the whole binding thing should be just reworked so you don't have one hueg line per action with everything on it
[01:39] * Lord points at foobar's key binding UI
[01:40] * fragged points at Lords nose
[01:41] <VLSmooth> I'm definitely a fan of that, filter-as-you-type action list, easy global shortcuts, etc.
[01:42] <VLSmooth> okay, time for me to actively afk/sleep. thanks again namaiki and nice chatting with you lord
[01:42] <Lord> s/chat/rant/