Macs

For general rambling.
skanks
Poser

Macs

Post by skanks »

When I was young I disliked several things about Macs:
  • 1) Far fewer games. Games released later. Warez were a bitch to find.

2) How I couldn't just press a button to get my floppy disk ejected from the drive.

3) Some elitist bullshit about how Macs were for people who couldn't handle the command prompt.

4) Only one mouse button.

5) How disgustingly overpriced they are.
Nowadays the only major sticking point is number 5. I've been open to the idea of buying a Mac since 2000, but I just can't justify spending all the extra money on what is a status symbol. And it isn't even about the money. It's about not wanting people to look at me and think of me as some smug entitled Starbucks yuppie who had his decadent lifestyle handed down to him on a gold platter, who doesn't even know enough about money to realize that its fucking ridiculous to front an extra 125% just because one machine is much easier on the eyes. So fuck Mac again.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Re: Macs

Post by Dave »

So what color iPad are you getting?
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Jason
Veteran Doodler

Re: Macs

Post by Jason »

The only reason to buy a mac is if you load it up with RAM and use it half for a unix machine and half as a windows machine. Mac OSX is the nicest unix machine I have ever used.