For general rambling.
quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

If you see this movie, definitely go 3D and go 3D IMAX if you can. I got a reduced price ticket (free, but not really because it was so expensive in IMAX that the complete cost wasn't covered) through a VISA signature card promotion through Fandango. The visuals are awesome. The story is pretty decent too, especially for being over 2.5 hours. So, who hasn't actually gone to see it yet?
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Re: Avatar - 3D

Post by Dave »

I went to see it once in 3D at a nice theater in Orlando then to the local IMAX in CT and didn't see much of a difference in quality. The IMAX even seemed a little duller. MIght have just been the movie screens, but I didn't notice a huge difference in experience.
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

I feel like the last sane man on earth. Am I the only one not burning to see this?

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

If you miss it, it's not the end of the world. It's more like the beginning of a new era in movies/tv since it coincides with some of the announcements at CES. There will be other movies done in 3D that will follow like the next harry potter movie. Also, there will start to be 3D tv channels like National Geographic and ESPN starting this summer...

I went to a good IMAX theater and got center seats not too close to the front. The nice thing about the IMAX showing was that it wasn't standard movie theater widescreen, but more like 3:4 aspect ration without giving up the wide field of view so it fills up your entire field of view better. Also, I love the sound system/acoustics in a good IMAX theater over even a good regular theater.
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

George
Veteran Doodler

Post by George »

I saw it in 3D (not IMAX) with my family just after Christmas. Great visuals, and the 3d worked better than I would have expected. But I thought the story was unimaginative and heavy-handed.
I feel like I just beat a kitten to death... with a bag of puppies.