VP Catastrophe

For general rambling.
skanks
Poser

VP Catastrophe

Post by skanks »

Let's see:

Beauty queen wife, DUI husband and 5 children. Teenage daughter knocked up by self-described "Fuckin' Redneck" who "does not want children". Shotgun wedding proceeding apace. Wife abused her professional position to get petty revenge on her divorced sister's alcoholic asshole ex-husband. Parents formerly members of radical right-wing organization favoring secession from the United States. Proud owners of a wide array of a firearms.

Would you even rent property to this family? This woman doesn't belong in the White House, she belongs in a double wide trying in vain to keep a lid on her daughters' pregnancies.

Edit: I removed the reference towards grits. At the time I was suggesting that the stereotypical right-wing fundamentalist trailer trash ate grits. I did not mean to suggest that all grits consumers were trailer trash or smear the innocent in any way. I hereby apologize to the aggrieved.
Last edited by skanks on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Re: VP Catastrophe

Post by Jonathan »

I protest the characterization of this woman as a grits eater. Not only is this a slur against a noble dish, she lives in Alaska and would probably be more comfortable with bear meat. Or possibly elk.

The manner of her nomination is a slap in the face to Hillary supporters. "Here, you females can't possibly distinguish between different kinds of vagina-havers. Hell, I know I can't. Now vote for me!" :high five:b

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

They did a background check first before putting her on the ticket, right?
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by VLSmooth »

Yeah, they ensured she was a conservative female.

Wait, did you mean an extensive background check?

George
Veteran Doodler

Post by George »

Reports are that the campaign was aware of the pregnancy and the investigation into the state trooper (IIRC) firing.

Is she actually more scandalous than other successful candidates? Lesbian daughters, drunken nieces, drug use, affairs, timely suicides, draft dodging, etc. I'm too young to remember what the elder Bush's controversies were when he ran, but I'm sure he, Quayle, and their ~80 predecessors were all pretty scuzzy people, at least if you consider them only based on the things their opponents attacked them on.
I feel like I just beat a kitten to death... with a bag of puppies.

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

Don't forget the drunken daughters of the current President as well as the drunkenness of the President himself from which he's "born again"...
Have you clicked today? Check status, then: People, Jobs or Roads

George
Veteran Doodler

Post by George »

Was it his daughters or Jeb Bush's? I thought Jeb's daughter(s) were the ones getting arrested. And I figured the cocaine use was worse than any drinking he might have done himself.

George
Veteran Doodler

Post by George »

Alright, now I got myself wondering. How many VPs have there been total, and how many became president? How close was my guess of 80 presidents and/or vice president through Reagan? I know Reagan was the 40th president, though I'm not sure if that double counts Cleveland. Adams, Jefferson, Tyler, Andrew Johnson, Arthur, Teddy Roosevelt, Truman, LBJ, Ford, and Bush were all vice presidents before becoming president. I think Madison, Monroe, Van Buren, and Coolidge might have been also. I think Taylor died in office, so his successor would also have been a VP, but I don't remember who it was. McKinley and Nixon both changed VPs. I would guess several others did as well.

Out of the 43 presidents, Harrison, Taylor, Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, Harding, FDR, JFK, and Nixon died in office or resigned, resulting in the VP getting promoted, though I might be misremembering for Taylor and Harding.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

It would be great if after the election her daughter comes out as pro-choice.
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Peijen
Minion to the Exalted Pooh-Bah

Post by Peijen »

All I know is that she is got some serious bust from last night, they must be like KK or something. She is going to be fat in her 30s.