Jury Duty

For general rambling.
Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Jury Duty

Post by Dave »

So I got a notice in the mailt o appear and don't seem to qualify for weaseling out, has anuyone served before?

FL pays $15/day.
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Peijen
Minion to the Exalted Pooh-Bah

Re: Jury Duty

Post by Peijen »

Have not served on Jury Duty before.

Your company might pay you the difference, ask your HR about it.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Yep, I showed up, then I got dismissed at noon for lack of anything to do. Bring something to read. Last time Amber went, not a single trial even called a jury that day.

I'm not hourly or nothing, so I get paid regardless of whether I show up. However, I am required to hand in the $10 per day or whatever that Oregon pays in order to receive my salary.

VLSmooth
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by VLSmooth »

Dwindlehop wrote:I'm not hourly or nothing, so I get paid regardless of whether I show up.
However, if you're subject to the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) you should ask. If I remember correctly, Argon ST provides a charge number for jury duty.

Defense contractors take time charging very seriously since the data feeds into future work estimates.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

The date is in October, so I dunno what program I'm on specifically but it won't be a for the government (I'm working for le french atm). From my coworker have said I just use the normal "Personal Buisness" (since here we dont get sick leave hours, just charge numbers they monitor incase anyone abuses)
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

Oh yea, went ther on Friday, sat around until lunch and they came in and said the judges got through all theri cases for the day and didn't need a jury panel so we were able to go.