Livejournal

For general rambling.
Martin
Chump

Livejournal

Post by Martin »

Everybody's doing it. I can get you fuckers codes as necessary from various sources. "Jon" will be spitting one up in a few days. Fun for the whole family!
http://www.livejournal.com/~combinator
http://www.livejournal.com/~dwindlehop
Also,
http://www.livejournal.com/~subpar is Neal, http://www.livejournal.com/~jcreed is jcreed, "The Other (White) Jason."

Does this make us 13 year old pro-ana cutter goth emo punk grrls? Or just furries? You be the judge.

bob
Poser

Post by bob »

So, I've technically got a journal up at Xanga.com. Except that I've never actually posted because I only signed up so I could sign a friend's guestbook. Is there anything that makes livejournal more specialer than any of the others?

Martin
Chump

Post by Martin »

For one thing, it's open source. Also, it is ad-free and pledged to be free forever. Also a lot of people I know are on it. It's easy to aggregate a bunch of journals into a list so you can view them all at once as posts are made. Easy to keep track of the latest happenings!

quantus
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by quantus »

I personally don't want my life broadcast out there on the internet where anyone could see. I realize that I probably won't get a stalker, but it just seems prudent to keep personal information about the goings ons of my life off the web. I don't particularly want someone coming up to me oneday telling me that they know a lot about me already since they read my weblog.

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

I don't have enough stalkers in my life.

Where's my code?

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

So, I hadn't considered the advantages of LJ from a other-persons point of view. From my point of view, it's kinda annoying to have LJ separate from my actual website. However, it would be nice if people actually occasionally read what I posted, which never seemed to happen with stuff I wrote on my website.

Things to consider...

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Which is to say I was initially planning to completely ignore LJ once I had an account, like bob and xanga. But I am reconsidering.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

quantus wrote:I personally don't want my life broadcast out there on the internet where anyone could see. I realize that I probably won't get a stalker, but it just seems prudent to keep personal information about the goings ons of my life off the web. I don't particularly want someone coming up to me oneday telling me that they know a lot about me already since they read my weblog.
It's all in how you use it. Mohtalim is a public account of some portion of your life, after all. So it's not too far of a stretch.

I like it because it provides an outlet for the sort of State of Me posts that aren't really appropriate for a forum like Mohtalim. So people who knew me can read something and realize, "Oh, Jonathan's busy being married and having a swell time in Oregon. I see!"

Peijen
Minion to the Exalted Pooh-Bah

Post by Peijen »

Dwindlehop wrote: It's all in how you use it. Mohtalim is a public account of some portion of your life, after all. So it's not too far of a stretch.

I like it because it provides an outlet for the sort of State of Me posts that aren't really appropriate for a forum like Mohtalim. So people who knew me can read something and realize, "Oh, Jonathan's busy being married and having a swell time in Oregon. I see!"
you mean someone actually cares?

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

Or read about your daily bowel movements.

Jonathan
Grand Pooh-Bah

Post by Jonathan »

Alan wrote:Or read about your daily bowel movements.
That would make an excellent blog. I'd pair it with descriptions of my meals for optimum effect.

Dave
Tenth Dan Procrastinator

Post by Dave »

and a "State of the Laundry"

- added two socks, a shirt, undies, and 2 more socks

Alan
Veteran Doodler

Post by Alan »

Thanks to Martin I now have a livejournal.

http://www.livejournal.com/~laziofan